Emergencies Sign Response

Depressed, inactive, high temperature initially, followed by low body temperature; in direct sun or warm to hot environment
Likely caused by overheating. Use a fan to move air across the body. If in direct sun, provide shade. Wet head first with cool water for 10 to 15 minutes before wetting entire body surface for evaporative cooling. Do NOT apply cold water or ice as this can induce additional temperature shock. If possible, rest your pig on a cool (65 to 75°F) surface. Monitor carefully and get veterinary help if recovery does not occur promptly with cooling.

Overheating can be fatal.

About Vickie Craig

I an avid horseback rider, animal lover, and Owner/Operator of Creekside Farm Tiny Oinkers or my webpage  CreeksideFarmTinyOinkers.com All of my writing comes from factual information, not just my personal experiences or word of mouth.

Speak Your Mind

*